Tuesday 22 February 2011

Gunners End: Correct drill for an Operator Mechanic (Above Water ) promoted to Glory;

Hearse of Fiberglas sheaths my casket
Gripped by gunners dressed head to toe in black
Mahogany shell cradled on a silver trolley
Pulled from the deep magazine of life
Selected in a salvo of nine for the eternal starburst
Heaved up onto six smart shoulders at a gunroom door
Pews of goofers port and starboard
Seem relieved now, more than sad.
Loaded flat on ring of steel
The bish gobs off a bit
Following protocol, procedure remains
“Load” cries the bish as the hoist lowers me from the room
All swept away, me, my Oppo's & our old crimson stains.
Up goes the blast proof hatch of the feed tray
And I’m fired into hell,
my ash casing ejected into the forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment